Monthly Archives: August 2012
By mid-2012 it’s hard to find a business or organization that would say social media is not somehow important to their overall marketing strategy. It’s become an accepted concept that social media is a vital part of business success. The continued conundrum for many businesses and organizations is just how to manage this thing called social media.
Good social media strategy makes sure it has what we call the three Cs:
- Channel-finding the right social media platform for your message
- Consistency-using consistent tone and timing of updates
- Content-developing content that is engaging and informative.
Sounds easy, right? After all, social media is as simple as learning how to write in 140 characters on Twitter and how to be witty on Facebook … or is it?
Social media marketing is a learned skill
Social media marketing is a strategic business practice that requires specific skills and knowledge. It also requires someone who is able to stay up on the many changes that happen in social media from changing search engine algorithms to radical changes to social media platform interaction to new social media platforms that rise to the surface.
Continue reading →
Any company willing to invest in well-designed and carefully thought out marketing collateral should also consider carefully the printer it uses to produce successful print marketing materials. A high-quality printer with trained staff who can advise their customers on the best materials, ink and other printing options to fit their needs is well worth the time and financial investment to investigate.
People often choose a printer based on the lowest price for last-minute work. While cost and ability to get the job done in a hurry are both important, taking time to research the various options or printing companies is time well spent. One common belief is that the bigger the company, the less expensive and higher quality the printed product, but that’s not always the case.
Choosing a large national chain is sometimes sufficient, but they often do not offer as many options or are not capable of providing the same level of service as locally-owned printing companies. The Belford Group has relationships with several printing companies at the local and national level that we can choose from based on our client’s specific needs. Continue reading →
Sign up for TBG Newsletter
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Julianne Darnell on WordCamp is coming – you need to be there
- Print marketing that stays out of the trash | The Belford Group Blog on Want people to open your emails? Here’s how
- Want better SEO? Write a company blog | The Belford Group Blog on What makes GOOD SEO?
- WordPress not just for blogs | The Belford Group Blog on What makes a good website?
- Rebranding is a different process than branding | The Belford Group Blog on Time for a Rebrand?