Everywhere we look we find a wide range of brand mascots that have an identifiable character, funny catchphrase or catchy jingle. Some of them we remember from our childhoods and others have just recently become prominent within the minds of consumers, but what do mascots do for brands?
By having a mascot it allows a brand to be distinguished in even the most cluttered advertising. Over the years they have served as the backbone of companies that are striving for a quality social image.
Here are some of the brand mascots that have stood out in our minds throughout time:
For the final 11 days of 2011, we’re going to take a look at some of the top mistakes made this year in our industry… including social media, marketing, branding, graphic design, web design and SEO.
#11-Dr. Pepper 10 does not score a 10 on advertising
When Dr. Pepper came out with its new Dr. Pepper 10, we were curious. After all, several people on our staff are not big fans of diet drinks so having a lower calorie option that potentially didn’t have much aftertaste sounded like a little drop o’ heaven.
Continue reading →
Sign up for TBG Newsletter
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Julianne Darnell on WordCamp is coming – you need to be there
- Print marketing that stays out of the trash | The Belford Group Blog on Want people to open your emails? Here’s how
- Want better SEO? Write a company blog | The Belford Group Blog on What makes GOOD SEO?
- WordPress not just for blogs | The Belford Group Blog on What makes a good website?
- Rebranding is a different process than branding | The Belford Group Blog on Time for a Rebrand?